Please do not apply unless you have at least 3 years experience, or experience sending to production. Graduating students - this is not for you.
We are a pre-product early-stage startup working on the initial version of s new enterprise software to enable the work of Marketing teams. This - founding team - role will work closely with the founder to translate her vision and experience into a working software that delights users.
In this role, you will be responsible for building the APIs, data platform, and automations that power our customers. We are all about microservices, CI and CD. Our platform is clean, simple and massively scalable in the cloud using the latest tools like MongoDB, ElasticSearch, Docker and AWS. We expect you to do some front-end work on a React single page app, helping build for a simple and modern user experience
As a founding team member your compensation will increase overtime and there is a significant, out of the gate, equity portion to your compensation. We believe in a 4 days work week but expect our founding members to be committed to set deadlines and do what it takes to support this early stage.
You'll be responsible for:
- Producing modular, well-tested, and documented code
- Developing and supporting a Single Page Application, Node.js APIs, backend services and data stores
- Collaborating on ideas and thinking through problems with the founder and Engineering lead
- Contributing to application architecture with an eye on scalability, performance, availability, and security
- Publishing, deploying, monitoring, and troubleshooting code throughout a CI/CD microservices-based distributed application deployment pipeline
The ideal candidate:
- 3+ years experience
- Experience with AWS cloud architecture
- Experience with SQLAlchemy, PostgreSQL
- Basic knowledge of React
- You have a passion for developing high-quality, well-tested code
- You’re always refactoring your code to be cleaner and using build tools to optimize performance
- You have experience developing and debugging Node.js applications
- You’re familiar with unit testing, integration testing, and end-to-end testing and know when each is appropriate
- You're knowledgeable in deploying to and monitoring applications in AWS or other cloud infrastructure
- You’re an experienced communicator that isn’t shy of challenging others
- You’re ready to go on the adventure of a lifetime and fully appreciate this unique opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.